16 November 2008

Double Whammy

I beat Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game in 27 minutes yesterday. I know that it may sound like I don't have much to do, but that's not the case. I just needed to get some aggression out on some of the Foot Clan to relieve the pressure. It's how I roll. I also roll with the Reese's Trees crowd. They kick the shit out of any other peanut butter chocolate treat. Fucking delicious. I should sneak some in whenever I go see the Bond movie this week.

On another note, you should go buy some new records. If you like dirty, rocking hardcore, then the new Black Ships full length is for you and is amazing. It's nice to see another Canadian band pick up the reigns where Cursed (RIP) left off. If you like ambient, slow, prodding post metal, then go buy the Jesu/Battle of Mice split. It's my second favorite release of the year, Torche's Meanderthal is first. Also good is the Gods and Queens 10"+CD release. The s/t release is one part My Bloody Valentine, one part Quicksand and two parts Unwound. It's really hitting the spot for me. And if you just want a good time, go get The Bronx's third self-titled record. It's a dizzying blow to a dead scene.

No comments: