02 May 2009

Fanboys

So, I've kinda been avoiding my blog this semester. I have been a bit preoccupied with life, liberty, and the pursuit of Beefeater gin and tonics. But, I decided that it was time to do this thing right. I have been living with a neanderthal for the last two semesters. It has been an enlightening experience to say the least. I have learned many things. One, I'm an awesome dude with some serious patience. It's like I live with a small child who only wants ice cream and video games. On top of that, he's a goddamn liar. He never cleans after himself. It's bad. I have begun to retaliate recently with bareassed farts on his pillow. Two, my beard is ridiculous. I didn't notice that until I got a new drivers license today. You can't see my neck. I'm still not going to trim it until Meredith is back. It can only get longer. Three, change is good. Everything is changing. EVERYTHING. Well, not everything. I'll still be dating Bucketface, but that is to be expected. She puts up with me. It works. Nothing else lately has been. At least I have her. At some point I'll post some of the experiences that come with living with swine, but that'll be another day.
I watched Fanboys tonight. I've been waiting on this film for two years. It was amazing. I don't know why it took this long to come out, but I'm just glad it showed up at all. Fantastic film. Good writing. Good acting. There is a Jar Jar Binks tattoo. Enough said.
After finals week, I am going to have three weeks off. I plan on spending some time with my PS3. It misses me. So do my records. They'll get some love too. I just got a copy of The Dillinger Escape Plan's Calculating Infinity on orange vinyl. It's one of 110 in existence. It's beautiful.
I'm going to Savannah and Florida in August. I am also going to see Slayer in August. It's going to be a good month for me.
I have been a bit at odds with myself over the last year, and I'm finally starting to make moves. I have been really looking at graduate schools. I have been making real decisions that I should have made a year ago. Moving forward never felt so good. Better late than never.

No comments: